What kind of personal data we collect
Whakatane District Council collects only the personal data you provide Whakatane District Council (including your name, email address, and contact telephone numbers). Whakatane District Council may also keep a record of any information that you acquire from Whakatane District Council.
Where we collect personal data from
Whakatane District Council collects personal data from the following sources.
- By you contacting us enquiring about information on Whakatane District, Whakatane District Council, Council services or anything on this website
- Directly from you when you register and request Whakatane District Council to supply you with information or services in connection with this website
- By you conducting transactions through the website
- Indirectly through your use of this website and the services and functionality offered through it
How we use your personal data
Whakatane District Council uses your personal data for the following purposes.
- Replying to your queries
- Processing your application for registration for use of Whakatane District Council services or to gain access to information on this Website made available only to registered users
- Providing you with information about Whakatane District, Whakatane District Council and Council services
- Providing you with services
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations
- Any specific purpose which Whakatane District Council notifies you of at the time personal data is collected
- Processing transactions that you may conduct through the website
Whakatane District Council may disclose information about you (including your identity) to a third party if the Council is requested to do so in the course of a criminal or other legal investigation, or if the Council determines that disclosure is necessary in connection with any complaint regarding your use of this website.
How we store personal data
Whakatane District Council stores personal data electronically and in paper form. The personal data is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
How you can access/amend your personal data
You may access your personal data that Whakatane District Council holds by emailing us at email@example.com. Whakatane District Council will provide you with a copy of the personal data Whakatane District Council keeps about you.
You may request that the personal data Whakatane District Council holds about you be corrected by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If Whakatane District Council agrees that your personal data is to be corrected, we will provide you with an amended record.
How long we hold personal data
Whakatane District Council will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
Find out more