TrustPower Community Awards
The Whakatane District Council are delighted to join with TrustPower to support the TrustPower Community Awards.
Who is Eligible for the Awards - Any voluntary group or volunteer-based not-for-profit organisaiton working in the interests of their community can be entered for the TrustPower Community Awards. The Awards are judged on activities undertaken in the previous 12 months. Entries that focus on future activities or the work of an individual volunteer will not be considered.
Get your entries in by Friday 21 June 2013
Who can enter a Group for the Awards - Anyone can - groups and organisations can even enter themselves. It will only take a few minutes to fill out the form and return it. We will then contact the entered organisation and get them to complete the entry form which is attached here
Categories - there are 5 categories:
- Heritage and Environment - Improve and revitalise the local environment, culture or heritage
- Health and Wellbeing - Provide services that enhance the social wellbeing of people
- Arts and Culture - Enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities or improve community culture
- Sport and Leisure - Increase participation and/or enjoymnet in physical sport, leisure acitivites and recreational pursuits or provde support to participants
- Education and Development - Improve and enhance the education of the community, or the educational or social development of children and youth
Prizes - The winner of each catergory will receive $500 and a framed certificate and the runners up will receive $250 and a framed certificate. The Supreme Winner receives $1,500, a framed certificate, a trophy held for 1 year and an all-expenses paid trip to participate in the TrustPower National Community Awards.
Judging - a panel of TrustPower, Council and community representatives will judge the entries. The key criteria the Judges will consider are:
- Volunteer Input - volunteering involvement, commitment and passion
- Utilisation of Resources - cost effectiveness and service/project sustainability
- Initiative and Creativity - capacity to oversome difficulties or face challenges, innovation
- Effectiveness of Activities - success of service/project, achievement or objectives
- Impact on District - benefit of service/project on wider community/district
The Judges decision will be final. Representatives of the entered organisation and the person who entered them will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony, which will be held Tuesday 27 August at the Little Theatre in the Whakatane War Memorial Hall on Short Street.
Forms - These can be picked up at any of the Whakatane District Council Offices or Public Libraries - You can check out the guildelines here and fill out the entry form to enter an organisation - Entry form
The organisation will then be asked to fill out the information form - click here for the Information form
Further Information - Contact Janie Storey at the Whakatane District Council on 3060 530 or email@example.com or Click the Trustpower logo at the top of the page or email Suzi Luff at TrustPower on 07 572 8381 or firstname.lastname@example.org