Whakatane Community Board Fund
The Whakatane Community Board Discretionary Fund provides financial assistance for local initiatives that benefit the communities within that Community Board area.
Who Can Apply
Any community group or voluntary organisation domiciled in the Whakatane Community Board area can apply for a grant from the fund.
How and When to Apply
Applications are accepted throughout the year subject to funding availability – there is no set application period.
To apply, complete the Discretionary Fund Application Form (.doc, 334Kb) and send your application to:
Whakatane District Council
Private Bag 1002
How Your Application is Assessed
Applications are considered by the Community Board at their next meeting, as they come to hand. Community Board meetings are held every six weeks. Applicants are notified of the decision within a week of that meeting.
Decisions are Made Against the Following Criteria
That the Whakatane Community Board Discretionary Fund is to be used for the purposes of:
- community development
- community pride/beautification
- community facilities
- community events
- Board initiated surveys and questionnaires
- guarantee against loss
Examples of Successful Applications
- public fireworks display
- Cultural Festival
- Salvation Army aid programmes
- seats for the Commerce Street upgrade
- New Whakatane Theatre Inc building
- DARE Foundation - culmination day in Whakatane
- Light Party
- Whale Island Swim
- Mobile water blaster purchase
- Wheel chair lift van
- Christmas parade guarantee against loss
- community patrol
- Top Town Team
- Rowing Club upgrade
- Squash Club faclilites
Recipients of the Community Board Discretionary Fund are required to complete an organisational receipt form within which they must:
- specify how the grant was spent and attach evidence of expenditure such as receipts, invoices or signed statements by the club's accountant
- report the benefits of having received the assistance.
Find Out More
For further information on the Whakatane Community Board Discretionary Fund contact Customer Services on 07 306 0500.