The Eastern Bay Road Safety Committee is made up of staff and councillors from Whakatane District Council, Opotiki District Council, Kawerau District Council and Environment Bay of Plenty. This group gets about 75% of its funding from the New Zealand Transport Agency, and the other 25% shared from councils. There are many other contributing parties that work with the committee including police and community groups.
The committee provides funding to community groups working towards road safety objectives set out in the integrated Road Safety Action Plan and also coordinates road safety campaigns through the Road Safety Coordinator – Maurice Tooke.
The objective of this group is to increase your safety on the roads by using education, engineering and enforcement.
|For more information contact Maurice Tooke - Road Safety Co-Ordinator on (07) 3060500 ext. 7449|