Land Information Memorandums (LIMs)
Online LIM Application
NOTE: Changes have recently been made to the online LIM application platform. We apologise for any delays which may have occurred in the processing of applications during this transition.
Apply online by using the links below.
If you are unsure which category the property falls into please contact customer services for assistance on 07 306 0500:
The Council provides prospective property buyers with current and historical information on land and property.
Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a comprehensive report containing everything the Council knows about a particular property or section. Information on land and property is obtained from Council records, with the Council obliged to make it available on request under Section 44A of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
LIM information includes:
- private and public stormwater and sewerage drains
- unpaid rates
- consents, certificates, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings
- District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings
- Special land features including potential erosion, avulsion, falling debris, slippage and possible hazardous substances
- any information relating to the property supplied by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 2004
- other relevant information.
People usually request a LIM when considering whether or not to invest in residential or commercial property.
Standard LIM Application
To apply for a LIM you will need:
|LIM - Residential/Rural (farming) property
|LIM - Business/Rural (commercial) property
Fee current as at 1 July 2012
LIM applications are processed within 10 working days - starting from the first full working day after payment is receipted – excluding public holidays and the period from 25 December to 15 January.